Cybersecurity is a business issue, not a technology issue. As the leader of your business, it’s your job to guide your company’s cybersecurity strategy and protect your valuable assets from attack. But how do you manage your IT needs along with all the other important day to day tasks?
We’ll explain why cybersecurity is a business risk you need to manage and how Thriveon can help you shape your company’s cybersecurity vision. We understand that strong business leadership means taking strong cybersecurity precautions. Here’s how to take your leadership to the next level by getting the proper business IT services in place.
Why Cybersecurity Leadership is Crucial
Your business needs a leader that proactively goes looking for issues instead of putting out fires as they happen. The “whack-a-mole” approach of addressing vulnerabilities as they come up doesn’t work anymore. Here’s why:
- 82% of small businesses don’t feel like they’re likely targets for cyberattack but 52% of small businesses admit they’ve experienced an attack in the past 12 months. Clearly there is a disconnect between expectation and reality.
- 14% of small businesses say they are prepared to mitigate risks from vulnerabilities while 60% of small businesses go out of business six months after an attack. Few businesses are properly prepared for a cyberattack and if you aren’t, you risk never recovering.
Cyberattacks aren’t going away. Don’t put your business at risk because of network vulnerabilities. Just as you manage your business against shrinkage, downsizing and waste, you need to treat cybersecurity as another cost to be managed. Cyber insurance and employee training are important safeguards but you also need to understand cybercriminals to effectively draft your company’s cybersecurity strategy.
How to Set Your Company’s Cybersecurity Leadership Plan
Business cybersecurity is an important pillar of your overall business plan. An effective plan protects your corporate reputation, secures your internet protocol address (IP), complies with regulations and protects your sensitive data.
As the leader, it’s your responsibility to set this vision for your cybersecurity strategy. The key is to align your cybersecurity strategy with your business goals. Here are some key considerations:
- Don’t assume you’re cybersecure because you have internal or outsourced business IT services.
- The people that fix IT issues and install technology aren’t strategy leaders.
- Your IT relationships should be strategic and proactive.
- Once you set your security vision don’t be afraid to change or pivot your strategy. Leave no stone unturned.
- Your CIO should guide your entire technology spend with the goal of allowing employees to do more with less.
- Support revenue to scale your business securely.
Setting your cybersecurity vision should include a process to proactively audit and align your company to ever changing best practices. Mitigate your risk with monthly audits and alignments that address potential risks before they occur. Don’t depend solely on protection tools alone.
Why Thriveon’s Business IT Support Services are Different
Thriveon works as your company’s chief information officer to guide your strategy while also monitoring and managing your networks. Combined with your leadership, we can help you stay ahead of cybersecurity risks with:
24/7 IT Support
- 100% same day response
- 75% same day resolution
- 70% first touch resolution
24/7 IT Management
- Continuous network monitoring
- After hours patching
- Systems maintenance
Proactive Audits and Alignment
- Continually audit your IT
- Align your company with 500 industry best practices
- Streamline your workforce to do more
With Thriveon, you get unparalleled strategy and guidance. We match your business plan against your current IT to identify misalignments. We can seamlessly integrate with your existing plan to accomplish four times more with 80% less management time. Save your resources for running your business and let us handle your technology.
Lead Your Company with Effective Business IT Support
Thriveon provides expert cybersecurity for small business and medium sized companies. Schedule a consultation today to take your business IT leadership to the next level. We’ll align with your goals and ensure your security strategy delivers measurable results.